Lesson 1 presented material to answer the questions What is Hunger and Who are the Hungry?
After completion of Lesson 1 chldren should be able to state that:
- We all need food
- Too little or too much food is not healthy.
- Hunger is not getting enough of the right kinds of foods to meet our needs.
- All regions have some people who are hungry.
- Some people have special nutrition needs, including children, pregnant and nursing mothers, people who work hard and people who are sick.
- Food gives us the energy and nutrients we need to grow and develop; to move, work, play, think and learn; and to maintail life and health.
Tell students that in our next lesson we are going to learn where food comes from and some of the reasons people are hungry in our world.